Customer: ITP Engines
ITP, a major international aerospace manufacturer, came to PLS to develop a lifting system for their plant in Lincoln. The project comprised the design, fabrication and installation of a craneage system and the supporting structures to cover 560 m2 (6000 ft2) of plant floor.
The main challenges tackled by PLS were:
- extremely tight headroom available
- high complexity of the site and structure
- requirement of lifting loads outside the footprint of the structure
PLS designed and manufactured 3 special cranes with the following dimensions:
- 10m-span cranes with a headroom of only 490 mm
- Cranes & structure with an overall headroom of 710 mm
- Sliding cantilever can lift loads 1460 mm away from structure
The design of these cranes was an outstanding achievement that confirmed PLS as a leading manufacturer of bespoke lifting equipment.